Saturday, October 10, 2009

Fanfiction!

Confession: I am a comic fanfic junkie. It is possibly the most underestimated of writing, but I love it and therefore I'm devoting this post to the best fanfic I've found.

Authors:

The-Lady-Isis writes possibly the best Batman/Wonder Woman fanfiction I have found. It is genuinely very good, and coming from someone skeptical of the whole BMWW thing, that means a lot.

Two fantastic authors of Batman-Superman friendship fics are KCS (who writes excellent under-300 word ficlets), Paxwolf (only three stories so far--Shift and Downshift are my favorites).

Dunyazade also writes fabulous Batman-Superman fanfiction (can you tell I have a thing for that?). But she also has some really good Dick grayson-centric fics. However, I would avoid the M-rated one. It will warp your mind.

Best Stories:

Staring and Screaming: Batman's worst nightmare, brought to life by Doctor Destiny

Knightfall: no correlation to the comic-book "Knightfall", but this is definetely a must-read. It almost made me cry.

Understand: very good. A conversation between Batman and Flash.

Homestead: Its' supposed to be Superman-centric, but the part on Batman is just awesome.

Kansas Roads, World Domination, and YOU!: It's just funny.

Read, and I'm sure all of these authors would appreciate a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment