Sunday, November 15, 2009

Batman: Haunted Gotham (Graphic Novel)

Batman: Haunted Gotham

By Doug Moench
Art by Kelley Jones

Rating: 3/10

In this tale, Gotham is mystically enclosed by an invisible barrier. Imps, magic and demons are real. The Waynes have trained their son, Bruce, to be fight against the hell-forces that are going to destroy the city. They die when he is an adult, and he dons the Batman costume to fight the dark magic. (It's really alien giant serpents.)

This was just too dang weird for me. There was little resemblance to the original characters except for the names and a sketchy history. The Waynes actually became ghosts, and then Bruce killed them to keep them from the demons, who would eat their souls.

The Joker was a patchwork Frankenstein with the head of Thomas Wayne. And there were giant-magic-human-eating serpents from outer space who transformed a lonely boy into what was supposedly Killer Croc, I guess. Need I say more?

Skip this. Just do not subject yourself to it.

*Deep breath*

I have two better notes for today:

First, I would like to thank DYlogger for writing about this blog on the Time Wasters blog (www.timewasters2009.blogspot.com It is cool). It's great to hear that people enjoy this blog. Frankly, I just started it because I got sick of being called a nerd (I am a geek, thank you very much).

Also, you should read The Umbrella Academy if you haven't already. It isn't Batman related or even in the DCU, but it is one of the best series I have read. Ever. And the covers are absolutely beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment