Sunday, November 21, 2010

Kinda Missing the Underwear...

Well, I've been offline for (quite) awhile but I just saw the new Batman costume, and of course had to comment.

The first thing I noticed was that the yellow oval is back. I'm kind of ambivalent to it, really. I sort of like it, but I loved the DCAU batsuit that didn't have it, so I guess for that I'll have to wait and see. I'm not really liking the way it's raised, though. It looks a little strange.

Secondly, there's no underwear-on-the-outside! For someone who jokingly refers to superheroes as the underwear-on-the-outside-community in her fanfiction, this is a travesty. I honestly was happy that it was gone until I actually saw the pics, and then it was just depressing. I really miss it, strangely.

Like Wonder Woman's new costume (which is ten times better than the new batsuit but the only example I have), I intellectually like it but am still nostalgic for the old stuff. Somehow, I doubt Batman's costume will grow on me as Diana's did, just cause I'm closer to the character. I wish that Dick had given Bruce his batsuit--even though I'm still not to keen on that dorky bat-beltbuckle--and gotten this instead.

As for the whole two batmen thing? That's a whole 'nother rant entirely.

No comments:

Post a Comment