Sunday, May 9, 2010

Young Justice Cartoon!

It was announced a few weeks ago that a new cartoon will be coming to Cartoon Network this fall--Young Justice!

There's no word on whether this is in DCAU continuity, but the animation looks a lot similar to the DCAU style than the debated "Teen Titans Go!" series did. Personally, I didn't like the TTG style, but some people who are larger manga fans than I will ever be liked it.

The Young Justice lineup is Superboy, Miss Martian, Artemis (Arrowette), Aqualad, Kid Flash, and of course our favorite Robin (Tim Drake, by the looks of it).

What little is known about the series seems pretty good. I like the designs of the characters, and I'm glad that the producers decided to go with the more modern Robin rather than the green panties version. However, Bruce Timm isn't going to be producing it (gasp!) and I'm not sure about the attempt to shoehorn in diversity by making Aqualad African-American. I would have rather had them change Artemis' race, since she's a lesser-known character and provides more of a clean slate for them to play with continuity. I just can't see a race of underwater people being dark-skinned since there's little uV radiation down there, but heck, I'm proabably overthinking this.

Here's the art that's been released:

No comments:

Post a Comment