Saturday, July 24, 2010

Why I Still Don't Trust Grant Morrison

My friend and I have been having an ongoing conversation (read: argument) over whether Grant Morrison should be forgiven, by virtue of Batman and Robin of the sin that was RIP. She say yes (she's a really big Damien Wayne fan) and I disagree.

10 reasons I still don't trust Morrison:

1. Final Crisis. I've never understood the whole New Gods thing, and this didn't help.

2. The whole need to put 70+ years of Batman stories (the good, the badm and the ugly) into a supposed 10 years of Bruce Wayne's career. Please. That's just not possible, even for a ninja.

3. Ever since he went on the Batman books, every other story arc has been The Event of the YEAR!!! I'm starting to get event fatigue from all of these Revolutionary! Important! Vital! stories

4. I never liked Talia/Bruce.

5. A shiny, happy Batman and an emo Robin. It was fun for awhile, but its getting old now.

6. He can't make up his mind on how to portray the Joker.

7. The Authority debacle. (Speaking of the Authority, I had a dream about Midnighter and Apollo last night. It made my day).

8. He seems to be stuck inside his own head. A five year long meta story? Seriously, dude?

9. Barbra and Dick stull aren't married. Not his fault, I know, but methinks that if Dick wasn't busy being Batman there would have been a little more on the romance front. Their engagement seems to be completely forgotten by DC at this point.

10. I still have no clue what the heck that was supposed to be at the end of Return of Bruce Wayne #2.

No comments:

Post a Comment